1. Duly completed and signed LSME application form and relevant supporting documents should be submitted to the College.
2. A conditional offer letter will be issued to candidates who have proved their intention of study and passed their Initial Assessment and interview conducted by LSME.
3. For self-funded learners, 50% of the course fee should be deposited with LSME upon which an Admission letter would be issued. The remaining 50% will have to be paid by the student at the time of enrolment. LSME reserves the right to dismiss any student at any time for non-payment of fees. No fees will be refunded to any student dismissed for not paying their fees as stipulated.
4. A penalty of £20 will be levied on any self-funded student whose payment by cheque is not honoured. LSME reserves the right to terminate the registration of such students if an alternative arrangement for payment is not mutually agreed.
5. LSME will provide general guidance and pointers to additional resources for potential sources of funding, and about typical living costs in London. However, the College cannot provide detailed financial advice and accommodation for international students.
6. The course fee includes all costs associated with student recruitment and admission as well as the cost of tuition. Excerpt of LSME fee refund policy is set out below:
a) Fees will be refunded in full if a student’s application is declined by LSME.
b) Anyone supplying false information on the application form is liable to suspension or expulsion from the College before or after the enrolment and no fees will be refunded.
c) Once a student commences a course for more than 4 weeks and then discontinues for any reason, any fees paid will not be refunded. If fees were not paid, the student will remain personally liable for the unpaid fees covering the period they attended College.
d) UK/EU students who are funded by the SLC but whose tuition fee loan does not cover the full cost of tuition must pay the remainder of the tuition fees either in full before the start of their course or via an instalment plan agreed with the College.
e) UK/EU students in receipt of SLC funding who withdraw after 4 weeks of commencement prior to their fee being paid by the SLC will be personally liable for payment of the tuition fee for the period they attended College.
f) In the situation where a funded student does not wish to continue receiving financial support from the SLC, the student will be personally liable for the payment of the outstanding balance of the course fee.
g) If a sponsor should fail to pay some or the remaining tuition fee on behalf of a student, the student will be personally liable for payment of the outstanding amount. In this case, the College may agree on instalment payment plan with the student to enable a flexible payment method.
h) Students on Government Funding will be charged a refundable deposit of £250 on the date of enrolment to cover the cost of their registration with awarding organisation. This amount will be refunded after a successful application for student finance and demonstration of adequate interest and commitment to the course.
7. Students are required to register for their course on the date stipulated in their admission letter. Students are not allowed to change, defer or withdraw from the course offered to them without prior written permission from LSME.
8. Self-funding students who have received a discounted fee are advised that their tuition fee does not include the awarding body registration fee. These students are required to pay their awarding body registration fee on the date of enrolment.
9. Students must attend all tutorials and lectures as per the time table. Failure to achieve an attendance level of 80% could lead to disciplinary action including suspension or termination of your registration with LSME. Any absence should be authorised by LSME. Any suspensions or terminations will be reported to the regulatory authorities.
10. Disciplinary action will be taken against students for any inappropriate behaviour or misconduct which can lead to termination of the student registration at LSME.
11. During term time, students will not be permitted to travel overseas for holiday or to attend family functions, etc. Students may be authorised to travel in case of emergencies that are clearly evidenced.
12. For any student who wishes to discontinue the course mid-way, tuition and awarding body registration fees paid cannot be transferred to or adjusted for another student or applicant.
13. Students are expected to be fully aware of the course offered to them as well as the facilities and services offered by LSME.
14. Students are expected to adhere to the awarding body rules and regulations and all amendments thereof.
15. All courses, modules and timetables are subject to change and can vary from time to time. LSME may change the contents of a course and awarding organisation but this would not affect those who are already enrolled and registered on a previous version of the course. For existing courses, LSME will provide ample notice of any significant changes (such as changes in the choice of units and time table) as soon as reasonably possible to ensure it does not affect the students’ ability to complete the course.
16. The student agrees to purchase the recommended textbooks and relevant study materials prior to the commencement of the course.
17. The student authorises LSME to disclose his/her registration, attendance and progression details to the relevant authorities including the funding bodies.
18. The student authorises LSME to obtain his/her records and information from any educational institutions previously attended.
19. All LSME students are expected to submit their course work by the set deadline and failure to comply without any reason will attract a penalty of £10 if submitted within a month of the deadline and £50 if submitted more than a month of the deadline.
20. Advertised courses will only run when LSME is able to enroll a minimum of 15 students per course. For this reason, LSME reserves the right to cancel a course by providing four weeks notice prior to the course start date and fees paid will be refunded in full or the applicant will be offered a provision to select another programme of his/her choice where the fees paid will be adjusted accordingly.
21. LSME will provide equality of treatment for all regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Students who experience any form of unfair treatment at any stage of their academic journey reserve the right to complain via the College’s complaint procedures.
22. LSME will provide a safe and secure physical environment for students studying at the College premises.
23. LSME will provide good quality academic support and pastoral care delivered by suitably qualified academic and non-academic personnel to enrich the learning experience of all students.
24. LSME will encourage student representation and take reasonable action to ensure that the feedback provided is taken seriously and reasonable demands are actioned in a timely and appropriate manner.
25. Students are allowed to appeal against assessment decisions in accordance with the Colleges academic appeal policy and procedures.
26. LSME will take all reasonable measures to support and provide services for students with disabilities or other special needs only if the needs are brought to our attention at the right time.
27. LSME will protect all the personal information you provide in line with the Data Protection Act. Information kept about you will not be disclosed under any circumstances without your consent, unless required by the judiciary system or for national statistics (in the case of funded students).
28. LSME will contact you if staff/students have any concerns about your ability to manage your studies and to support and advise you accordingly, referring you to more appropriate support within the College when applicable. In situations where the supporting staff is of the view that you may have a serious mental health issue and your fitness to study is suspect, LSME reserves the right to refer you to your local GP with your consent. If you do not consent to be referred to your local GP, LSME reserves the right to suspend your studies and advise you to see your medical team for further assistance. Your reinstatement will be based on confirmation from your medical team that you are fit to return to College. Please note that the regulatory authorities including funding authorities (for students on funding) will be informed of your suspension on health grounds.
29. LSME will endeavour to claim the final awards for qualified students as soon as it is reasonably possible. In the case of any delays in receiving certificates, the College will issue interim completion letters to students. This will serve as confirmation of a pending award until the original certificate becomes available.
30. LSME will provide general guidance on career development and employability during your period of study. However finding suitable employment after achieving the qualification is the sole responsibility of the student.
31. LSME may invite you to join the College Alumni after completion of your course. If you agree to join the LSME Alumni, your contact details as well as your destination after leaving the College will be kept on our database.